Vegan Coconut Vanilla Panna Cotta w/ Balsamic Strawberries
Updated: Sep 22, 2020
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut cream (I recommend getting canned coconut cream)
4 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or beans from a 2” piece of vanilla
1 tsp agar powder
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp@originalbalsamicvinegarBalsamic Vinegar
1. Put agar powder into a small dish with just enough water to create a smooth, slightly watery paste. Stir well and let sit.
2. Meanwhile, add the coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar and vanilla to a pot over medium-high heat and continuously stir. Once it starts to get slightly warm, add in agar mixture and continue stirring often. Allow mixture to reach a low boil and then simmer on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, still stirring and then remove from heat.
3. Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve into custard molds or small serving cups/ramekins. Allow to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
4. Transfer to the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
5. 30 minute before serving, combine strawberries, balsamic and sugar.
6. Remove panna cotta from fridge 10 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, remove from molds onto serving plates or keep them in the cups. Spoon some balsamic strawberries over them and drizzle extra juice from mixture.