Updated: Dec 20, 2021
2 Bartlett pears, peeled & grated
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
1/2 cup Mascarpone
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix together the two types of flour and create a well. Add in your eggs and yolks. Using a fork, whisk the eggs, slowly bringing in the flour to form your dough. Once the dough has formed, knead for about 10 minutes. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let rest for a minimum of one hour. The dough can be made ahead of time and rest overnight.
2. For the filling, add the pear, ricotta, Mascarpone, Pecorino, Parmigiano and salt to a mixing bowl or stand mixer and mix until combined. Add the filling to a piping bag and set it aside.
3. After the dough has rested, divide into four even pieces and roll out into long, thin sheets. Cut the pasta sheets into 2.5 x 2.5 inch squares. Place about 1/2 tbsp. of the filling onto each square and shape the triangoli.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add plenty of salt. Add the triangoli and cook until it floats to the top (2-3 minutes).
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. When the pasta has finished cooking, strain and add directly to the pan with the melted butter and toss. Plate and top with fresh cracked pepper, more grated Pecorino, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and serve!
*The Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) is the name of an area, a specific place, or, in exceptional cases, the name of a country, used as a description of an agricultural product, which comes from such an area, place, or country, which has a specific quality, goodwill, or other characteristic property, attributable to its geographical origin, at least one of the stages of production, processing, or preparation takes place in the area. The European Union (EU) will only give a product PGI status if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics, or qualities that are a result of the area you want to associate with. It is the PGI logo that guarantees the consumer about the authenticity of the product they are buying.